The second level of the boutique houses the third Breguet Museum in the world after Paris and Zurich. Antique timepieces belonging to the Maison’s legendary historical heritage are on display, in testimony of its brilliant past. Some twenty outstanding pieces - pocket watches, carriage clocks, subscription watches and marine chronometers - covering some 200 years of history, are offered for public view.
Quarter repeating watch made for the Turkish market, double case of enamelled gold, bezels decorated in translucent (flinqué) red enamel with stem-and-bud motif, back painted with floral subject on translucent grey enamel, enamel dial with Turkish numerals, ruby cylinder escapement. Diameter: 47mm.
Sent on March 4, 1817 to Mr Leroy, Breguet’s agent in Istanbul.
Small Tact pocket watch. Blue-enamelled gold case, diamond-set pointer and studs, silver dial, ruby cylinder escapement. Diameter: 41.5mm
Sent in Year 8 of Republican Calendar (September 1799 to September 1800) to Mr Recordon, Breguet's agent in London.
Marine chronometer, twin-barrel marine chronometer, mahogamy outer case with hinges and handles of silver-plated brass, clock case and Cardon suspension of silver-plated brass, silver-plated dial with subdial for hours/minutes above subdial for seconds, gilded brass movement of twin-toothed barrels linked by dents-de-loup gear train, Earnshaw spring detent platform escapement (porte-échappement), two-arm compensating balance wheel with elastic suspension on the two pivots and cylindrical balance spring.
Height: 21.5cm; Width: 19cm; Depth: 16.5cm
Sold on 28 June 1828 to Mr Ducom, Breguet's agent in Bordeaux for the sum of 2'200 francs.
Watch with subsidiary seconds at 6 o’clock, gold half-hunting case, enamel dial, straight line lever escapement. Diameter : 47 mm.
Sold on November 10, 1865 to Samper & Cie., for the sum of 1’225 Francs, accompanied by a coin holder in a similar case.
Shanghai Langham Hotel parking lot
No. 99 Madang Road
Shui On Plaza parking lot
No.333 Middle Huaihai Road
Shanghai Medicine Tower parking lot
No. 200 Taicang Road