Located on the first floor, the Museum was inaugurated with the Boutique on the 9th of December 2010. In order to honour Abraham-Louis Breguet’s contributions in watchmaking history, the Museum displays an important collection of Breguet timepieces. Around 47 watches/ pocketwatches and different documents are exhibited in a watchmaking inspired scenography. A dream come true for every watch passionate.
Inking chronograph, plain silver case, gilded metal cuvette, off-centre white enamel dial paired with symmetrical seconds dial, lever escapement, cut compensating balance wheel. Diameter: 61mm.
Sold on January 27, 1827 to Baron Schickler for the sum of 1’500 francs.
Large tact watch, silver case, reeding, gold pointer and studs, enamel dial, ruby cylinder escapement. Diameter: 62mm.
Sold on November 26, 1804 to the Prince de Beauvau (the Elder) for the sum of 1’040 francs.
Watch with split-seconds chronograph, special tachometric scale, subsidiary seconds and 60 minutes recorder, gold case, enamel dial, straight line lever escapement. Diameter : 52 mm.
Sold on April 30, 1929 to Mr Louis Dollfus, for the sum of 6’500 francs.
Plain “timekeeping” watch, gold case, enamel dial, lever escapement.
Sold on July 27, 1812 to Mr Jones, for the sum of 1,500 francs.
Trams: 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 17 : Paradeplatz or Rennweg
Bus: N1, N6, N13, N14 : Paradeplatz or Rennweg